Friday 29 October 2010

firing results 1

Euan Uglow inspired silhouette/paper-cut small tea set;


The collage tea set.


While I am very happy with this set, and it was fun to make, I do feel like I have done a bit of a disservice to the original models. Unintentionally, I seem to have turned serious artwork into a rather kitsch, 'Tales of the Unexpected'* looking tea-set... I will try and remember how taking something out of its original context can have vastly different implications than expected... 

* For those too young, 'Tales of the Unexpected' was a low budget tv drama from the 1980's, classic and terrible at the same time...


The opening sequence is all you need to see...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.