Tuesday 26 October 2010

tile beakers

Its pouring with rain today and even at mid day its so dark that we need the lights on. A good day to labour over some more intricate paper-cuts to make some revised Portuguese tile inspired beakers.

I was not keen on my previous results. The colour was bad and I did not like the design. This time I have sponged the background of the beakers with an off-white slip. This will hopefully make the end result look less stark. I felt the shapes were too big for the size of beaker and so have reduced these (thanks to photocopier reduce button..). And there was just too much pattern last time too. Less is always more... Oh and I have abandoned attempt to use colour and am sticking with my favourite shades of black, gray and white;


Fingers crossed these turn out better than the last ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.