Saturday 11 June 2011

plastic 02

Creating plaster moulds from packaging waste;


Old clay used to build walls (cottles) to contain plaster as it sets. Note second photo taken outside... I learnt earlier in the day that if cottles not well enough build you can get an eruption of wet plaster spilling over your legs, feet, studio floor. And its a real pain to clean up. At least if it all goes wrong outside its easier to clean up.


The first couple of moulds - plaster set and clay removed. Now for the really hard part - removing the plastic without destroying the mould. I hope I used enough soft soap when I started which should aid their removal but I am going to leave it a day or two for plaster to harden a bit before finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.