Saturday 13 August 2011

postcard

College summer project - find an old postcard and respond to it using what we have learned in yr1 and thinking about our choices for yr2.


Black Rock, Brighton. Before 1934.

Initial brainstorming of ideas for this project seems to have given me enough material for a couple of years. I now have to start editing and focusing. 

While my kiln is out of action and my other projects are on hold I have been experimenting with camera-less photography. Below are a few cyanotypes which are playing with an idea I had from the postcard - trying to find continuity amongst all the change that this scene has experienced; The seaweeds at the base of the cliff and the vegetation on its top.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.