Saturday 7 April 2012

easter holidays pt3


Not sure what to say about these pots yet. The colours are not my thing. And I find the shapes inelegant. The red and the black too pale and so have come out grey and pink...


The top photo shows the least unsuccessful vessel. This is cast from an aerosol can lid so its appropriate that its decorated with graffiti inspired imagery. Before putting this idea down to experience I may cast a few more of the aerosol lids to see how they look in a small group - tow or three, and increase the pigment levels so that I create proper red and black.

Its not all a loss however as the japanese tissue transfer patterns worked well and I like the contrasting texture between the glazed and the wax-resist non-glazed areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.